|Job Title:||Tu-Wa-Kii Nobi Youth Services Assistant|
|Department:||Culture & Heritage|
|Reports To:||Youth Service Coordinator|
|Salary:||$18.06/hour+ DOE (GS-5)|
We are currently looking for a friendly and competent youth services assistant to join our team. If you are a compassionate and self-motivated individual with a specific interest in education, we urge you to apply! Quality characteristics would be a positive role model for our youth, implementing a substance free lifestyle, showing initiative, and reliability. In this position, you will be responsible for supervising students, developing lesson plans, preparing lesson material, and maintaining classroom tidiness. You must have strong organizational skills, computer skills, and the ability to work independently or as a team member. As an assistant, you will ensure youth respect themselves and others while at Tu-Wa-Kii Nobi and document disciplinary action/incidents as needed. In addition to working with youth, you will help prepare food in accordance with applicable federal, state, and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations with established policies and procedures. Staff ensures quality food service is always provided. A youth service assistant will have a flexible work schedule (as agreed upon with Youth Service Coordinator) and fill-in for Youth Service Coordinator as needed.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide transportation (if needed) and supervision of youth, with a focus on safety and accountability of all children.
- Oversee youth and programs during operating hours and after school program.
- Travel as required for training and other activities.
- Mentor and tutor youth working daily with pre-k thru high school aged children.
- Clean and organize building daily.
- Support staff and community volunteers with language and traditional culture education curriculum, activities, and outreach.
- Provide support in the implementation of traditional culture and tribal language in program activities.
- Follow a full schedule of activities created by the Lead Teacher/Youth Service Coordinator
- Observe children’s interactions and promote positive choices.
- Collaborate with other colleagues.
- Adhere to standards and safety regulations as established by BPT.
- Prepare food items according to instructions and recognize safe food handling practices.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or relevant field is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a teaching assistant or similar role.
- Must hold and maintain a valid Oregon driver’s license and be qualified to drive Tu-Wa-Kii Nobi program tribal vehicles.
- Must submit to and pass a UA drug test and a criminal background checks including fingerprinting.
- Must sign a confidentiality agreement.
- Must acquire CPR/First Aid Certification within three months of hire.
- Must acquire blood borne pathogen certification.
- Must acquire food handler’s certification.
OTHER DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to work as a team player in planning, coordination, and implementation of language and traditional culture educational and social outreach events.
- Ability to bend, twist, sit, stand, and walk for required shift.
- Requires on-the-job training in food preparation, cooking and estimation of quantities of food needed.
|Indian preference will be given to candidates showing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe. In the absence of Indian applications meeting the qualifications as listed above, all applicants not entitled to or who fail to claim Indian Preference, will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, political preference, age, religion, or national origin.|
Successful Candidate must:
- Submit to, and pass a drug test
- Agree to and pass criminal background check(s) including fingerprinting
- Sign confidentiality agreement
Return completed Burns Paiute Indian Tribe Application, Cover Letter, and Resume, to:
Human Resources Director
Burns Paiute Tribe
100 Pasigo Street
Burns, OR 97720
Email: [email protected]