TRIBAL TRANSIT SERVICES
Special Transportation Funds (STF) Program:
Objective: To provide and maintain a Tribal Transit Service for the handicap, Seniors and low-income members on the Burns Paiute Reservation and the General Public residing in the Cities of Burns and Hines.
5310 Enhanced Seniors & Disabled Program:
Objective: To improve the ability of seniors and disabled persons to ride our Tribal Transit Service on our scheduled routes.
Special Transportation Improvement Funding (STIF) Program:
Objective: New Oregon Legislative Directive to improve the funding of all transportation systems within the State of Oregon; maintain continued transportation funding without any disruption for funding.
NEW! Tribal Transit Team Newsletter!
Notifying the Public of Rights Under Title VI
BURNS PAIUTE TRIBE
BURNS PAIUTE TRIBE operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, and national origin in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Any person who believes she or he has been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI may file a complaint with the Burns Paiute Tribe.
For more information on the Burns Paiute Tribe’s civil rights program, and the procedures to file a complaint, visit our office at: 100 Pasigo Street, Burns, Oregon 97720
Looking for a job? Tribal Transit is hiring! >CLICK HERE<
Remember! The bus service is FREE! Call 541-589-0057 to hitch a ride!
Tribal Transit Map: PDF format to print or download
STIF plan member names and classifications (cited in reference to Article 5 Membership)
a) To be qualified to serve on the Committee, an individual must:
- Reside or work within the Burns Paiute Tribe’s boundaries and;
- Be knowledgeable about the public transportation needs of residents or employees located within or traveling to and from the Reservation.
b) At least one member from each of the following, who shall be a person:
- With low-income, or a person from a low-income household, as defined in Article 3, who uses transportation services within the Reservation, or a representative of low-income persons or households who use transportation services within the Reservation; and
- Who is a senior or elderly individual or an individual with a disability, as defined in Article 3, and uses transportation services within the Reservation, or a representative of seniors or people with disabilities who use transportation within the Reservation; and
(Kenton Dick and Wanda Johnson)
3. A public transportation service provider representative, as defined in Article.
We are located in the Administration Building, 100 Pasigo, Burns, OR 97720