|Job Title:||Transit Bus Operator|
|Reports to:||Economic Development Director|
|Opens:||May 23, 2023|
|Closes:||Open until filled|
This position is responsible for the safe, reliable and efficient operation of passenger buses for the Tribal-operated public transportation system. Driver will operate a 15-passenger bus on a regular fixed-route, and on assigned Stop schedules.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Always ensures the safety and security of the passengers and tribal property, via operation of vehicles in compliance with Burns Paiute Tribe, Federal, and State regulations, traffic laws, operation plans and policies, and contracts.
- Maintains professionalism in appearance, demeanor; and communication in all interactions with the community, peers, and supervisors.
- Inspects all safety items, maintains cleanliness and general appearance of the vehicle at least daily. Reports any equipment defects to immediate supervisor.
- Completes and submits all forms and duties as assigned, including daily driver log, and check list log, to supervisor.
- Notifies supervisor of any incidents, repairs, or potential repairs the driver notices during the driving shift.
- Check in with supervisor daily to ensure timesheet entries are accurate.
- Ability to safely operate a transit vehicle under all conditions of weather, roadways, and traffic while successfully dealing with passengers, and route and schedule requirements.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age at time of application.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and provide three (3) years of clean driving records, immediately prior to hire date.
- Must permit a background check.
- Obtain and maintain a valid and current AED, CPR, with First Aid Card, and Blood-Pathogen card within 6 months of hire.
- Must submit to and pass a drug test.
- Physical Ability to perform essential job functions including, but not limited to, operation of transit vehicle – including wheelchair lift, sitting for extended periods of time, standing, walking, stooping/bending, pushing/pulling (approximately 20 lbs.), lifting (approximately 30 lbs.), and climbing (stairs).
- Full and complete use of all limbs to operate Bus controls.
OTHER DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
- Physical Ability to perform essential job functions including, but not limited to, sitting for extended periods of time, stranding, walking, stooping/bending, pushing/pulling (approximately 20 lbs.), lifting (approximately 30 lbs.) and climbing stairs.
Indian preference will be given to candidates showing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe. In the absence of Indian applications meeting the qualifications as listed above, all applicants not entitled to or who fail to claim Indian Preference, will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, political preference, age, religion, or national origin.
Successful Candidate must:
- Submit to, and pass a drug test
- Agree to a criminal background check
- Sign confidentiality clause
- Be insurable to operate tribal vehicles (3-year clean driving record)
Return completed Burns Paiute Indian Tribe Application, Cover Letter, and resume, to Human Resources Director:
Human Resources Manager
Burns Paiute Tribe
100 Pasigo Street
Burns, OR 97720
Email: [email protected]