|Job Title:||Mobility Specialist|
|Reports To:||Transportation Planner/Transit Coordinator|
|FLSA Status:||¾ Time with benefits|
|Opens:||Aug 11, 2021|
|Closes:||Open until filled|
|The Mobility Specialist will serve as the Tribal Transit representative for the Burns Paiute – Tribal Transit Services located in the Tribal Administration Office. This position will coordinate its services with healthcare and social services resource in an effort to provide wrap-around supports to eligible riders. The overarching goal of this effort is to provide for a coordinated, comprehensive approach to enhancing an individual’s knowledge and ability to access appropriate transportation options independently. The Mobility Specialist must work independently and manage multiple projects assigned by the Transportation Planner/Transit Coordinator. This is a confidential position and discretion must be exercised in protecting and releasing information.|
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
Tribal Transit Values – Consistently demonstrates Tribal Transit values in all business interactions and performance. Tribal Transit Services has identified the following as our program values:
• Recognize, nurture and appreciate our staff, volunteers and riders.
• Maintain collaborative relationships with local and regional providers.
• Deliver safe, personalized and accessible transportation services.
• Assure honest, reliable and accountable business relationships.
Teamwork – Exhibits spirit of cooperation, showing adaptability and flexibility in work groups and with volunteers. Supports team goals, assists co-workers and shows appreciation for others.
Respect and Caring – Consistently interacts with others in a courteous and professional manner. Maintains confidentiality.
Effective Use of Resources – Uses all resources of office and position effectively. Makes efficient use of the time and talents of others. Does not waste materials, supplies or time.
Initiative – Shows independence and initiative. Demonstrates creativity in problem solving, contributing new ideas and solutions.
Leads by example
• Responsible for ensuring individualized travel options counseling and related supports are timely, accurate, and appropriate to the needs of the riders
• Ensures completion of intake and needs assessment is completed in accordance with established program requirements
• Ensures level of support riders receive is appropriate to the needs of the individual customer in a safe, consistent manner
• Provides scheduling for rides assigned to the program
• Identifies and addresses:
o Needs of riders, Tribal health staff, social services providers, community partners and other stakeholders
o Opportunities to improve or modify service delivery
• Completes all reports and related documentation as required
• Presents Tribal Transit Services publicly by making formal and informal presentations at meetings, events or other appropriate venues to diverse audiences
• Develops, maintains and enhances relationships with riders, healthcare and social services providers.
• Provides superior quality customer service to ensure that each person who requests service is treated with dignity, respect and patience
• Participates as a member in relevant team and committee meetings
• Participates in required training programs and attends all staff meetings as required
• In representing Tribal Transit Services, ensures a positive, professional image is fostered and maintained
• Adheres to current Burns Paiute Tribal Personnel Policies
• Performs other duties as assigned
|• Knowledge of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) is it relates to public transport
• Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, comfortable speaking to individuals as we! 1 as groups.
• Demonstrated skills in group facilitation and effective public speaking
• Strong interpersonal skills that allow effective working relationships with a diversity of people
• Experience working with older adults and people with disabilities
• Maintain a driving record that meets or exceeds Tribal Transit Services driver standards
• Demonstrated computer skills, and proficient with the Microsoft Office 365 Software and Windows 10 environment
• Ability to meet prescribed deadlines, and to organize and manage time effectively
• Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
• Valid Oregon State driver’s license at time of hire.
• Obtain and maintain a valid and current CPR, First Aid Card, and Blood-Pathogen card within 6 months of hire.
|Physical Ability to perform essential job functions including, but not limited to, sitting for extended periods of time, standing, walking, stooping/bending, pushing/pulling
(approximately 20 lbs.), lifting (approximately 30 lbs.), and climbing (stairs)
Successful Candidate must:
|• Submit to and pass a pre-employment urinalysis drug test.
• Must pass background check.
• Sign Confidentiality Clause
|Indian preference will be given to candidates showing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe. In the absence of Indian applications meeting the qualifications as listed above, all applicants not entitled to or who fail to claim Indian Preference, will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, political preference, age, religion, or national origin.|
Please submit an application with a cover letter and any other pertinent information to:
Burns Paiute Tribe
Human Resources Department
Burns, OR 97720
Application may be found here: BPT Application