|Job Title:||Housing Apprentice|
|Reports To:||Housing Director / Housing Maintenance Superintendent|
|FLSA Status:||Full Time|
|Opens||May 1st, 2021|
|Salary:||$15 w/benefits after 90 days|
Must be willing to follow directions and learn the following:
- Basic Housing Department operations, filing, scanning, work order and repair tracking.
- Basic home construction and remodeling,
- Installation and repair of doors, windows, floors, drywall, roofing, painting, flooring, carpets.
- Basic roofing, siding, exterior door and lock installation/replacement.
- Basic gardening, lawn maintenance, tree planting, landscaping, fencing and solid waste disposal.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow instructions from the Housing Director and Housing Maintenance Superintendent
- Complete assigned tasks in a respectable manner.
- Must be comfortable wearing a mask as required by Burns Paiute COVID19 Emergency Policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- High school diploma or GED.
OTHER DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Good working knowledge of computers, Word and Excel.
- Ability to write reports describing work progress.
- Ability to work independently and follow instructions remotely.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Indian preference will be given to candidates showing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe in the form of a bonus to candidate scoring criteria.
- All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, political preference, age, religion, or national origin.
A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST
- Submit to, and pass a drug test
- Agree to a criminal background check
- Sign confidentiality clause
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this position applicants must include the following:
- Burns Paiute Indian Tribe Job Application: can be found here:
- Cover Letter
- introducing yourself and describing your former experience and career ambitions,
- listing education, previous positions held, achievements
- Three references, names, title, company, phone and email (if available)
Please submit the above by email to:
Human Resources Manager
Burns Paiute Tribe
100 Pasigo Street
Burns, OR 97720