|Job Title:||Help Desk Technician|
|Reports To:||IT Director|
|Opens:||October 15, 2021|
|Salary:||$15 to $25/hour DOE|
|Pisa Tabino (“Good Day” in Paiute)
Burns Paiute Tribe Information Technology Department serves the Tribal administration and all its departments with IT technical and IT administrative support. We support roughly seventy users and have three hundred and fifty devices that we maintain and operate over several locations, on and off Tribal property.
You can find our website at BPT (burnspaiute-nsn.gov)
Help Desk Technician will be supporting roughly seventy users, three hundred devices in a majority windows environment. Support may be in the form of helping users through day-to-day operation questions or driving to locations to trouble shoot equipment issues. Light travel is needed so applicants must have a valid drivers license at time of hiring and have a clean driving record for the last three years.
Background checks will be required as applicants will be handling sensitive data and be responsible for overall network health and operation on a day-to-day basis.
Applicants will be expected to have a polite and courteous personality keeping all interactions with users professional.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
|The following is a list of responsibilities but is not limited to:
|The following is required for this position:
· An Associate degree/equivalent experience in computer science or related field.
· A strong working knowledge of computer systems, hardware, and software.
· Good problem-solving, analytical, and team-working skills.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· An openness to learning new technologies.
· Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record (3Y).
· Ability to lift at least thirty (30) lb.
· Must be comfortable on ladders and in tight crawl spaces.
· Must have working knowledge in Windows operating systems.
· Must know TCP/IP and routing.
· Must pass a Background check and have no offenses relating to Identity theft, fraud, or any major offenses that would exclude someone from entering or working with the Burns Paiute Tribe.
· Submit to and pass a urinalysis drug test before hiring.
· Must be able to work flexible hours when needed.
EDUCATION or EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
|The following is desired but not required for this position:
· Bachelor degree in information or system communications.
· Advanced working knowledge of Windows server and equivalent infrastructure.
· Working knowledge on Unifi network systems.
· Working knowledge on microwave and wireless equipment and software.
· Experience in Tribal government or equivalent government activities. (Creating PO’s, check requests, knowledge of chain of command, Departments, etc.)
· Advanced working knowledge in TCP/IP, V-Lan, Routing and firewall implementation.
|Indian preference will be given to candidates showing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe. In the absence of Indian applications meeting the qualifications as listed above, all applicants not entitled to or who fail to claim Indian Preference, will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, political preference, age, religion, or national origin.|
Military Veteran status will be considered.
Please submit an application with a cover letter and any other pertinent information to:
Burns Paiute Tribe
Human Resources Department
Burns, OR 97720
Application may be found here: BPT Application
Sa’asu punidua (“See you later” in Paiute)