|Job Title:||Facilities/Security Maintenance Tech|
|Reports To:||Facilities Director|
|FLSA Status:||Nonexempt, Full Time|
|Closes:||Open till filled|
|Salary:||$17.00 Hour / DOE|
Performs maintenance service and repairs in the areas of plumbing, carpentry, painting, plastering, machine service, electrical, tile work, furniture repair, upholstery, welding, and vehicle servicing.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs tasks relating to repairs and installations including carpentry, plumbing, equipment and furniture repair, and other repair person type jobs.
- Responds to trouble calls and emergencies, performs basic repairs, such as; plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, electrical and other minor repairs.
- Identifies trouble calls requiring a specific trade to resolve the problem that is beyond the scope of work for a general maintenance person. In those situations, identify the trade required and obtain sufficient information for the trade to plan the job.
- Cleans and maintains equipment, tools, and shop.
- Familiar with safe and efficient use of a variety of hand power tools.
- Understands and complies with federal, state, and local regulations and Tribal.
- Repairs and maintains physical structures of tribal facilities, office buildings using hand tools and power tools.
- Keeping work/logs for Fleet vehicles
- Replaces defective electrical switches, light bulbs and other fixtures inside and out. Assemble office furniture. Hang wall items.
- Maintain lawn equipment; Riding mowers, Weed eaters, Power and hand tools, miscellaneous supplies, fuel mixtures
- Safety maintenance; Door and window locking mechanisms; Keys tracking and distribution.
- Safety Equipment, maintain ensure proper use of, train and record, fire extinguishers, fire alarms
- Maintain security system
- Ability to read and understand the safety and storage instructions of cleaning equipment, supplies and chemicals
- Physical ability to perform essential job functions including, but not limited to, sitting and extended periods of standing, walking, stooping/bending, squatting or kneeling. Ability to push, pull and lift 50 pounds. Ability to safely climb stairs, steps or ladders.
- Time management skills that will allow you to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work independently
- Other maintenance jobs or duties as assigned by management.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- High School diploma or GED
- Current Valid drivers license
OTHER DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
|Indian preference will be given to candidates showing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe. In the absence of Indian applications meeting the qualifications as listed above, all applicants not entitled to or who fail to claim Indian Preference, will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, political preference, age, religion, or national origin.|
Successful Candidate must:
- Submit to, and pass a drug test
- Agree to a criminal background check
- Sign confidentiality clause
HOW TO APPLY:
Return completed Burns Paiute Indian Tribe Application and cover letter to:
Human Resources Director
100 Pasigo Street
Burns, OR 97720
Email: [email protected]
Application for employment available at 100 Pasigo Street, Burns, OR 97720 Monday – Friday 8-5pm, BPT Website or request one via email: [email protected]