|Job Title:||Education Specialist|
|Department:||Culture & Heritage|
|Reports to:||Education Manager|
|FLSA Status:||Full Time permanent/ Non-Exempt|
|Opens:||May 3, 2023|
|Closes:||Open until filled|
|Salary:||$22.37/hour + DOE (Commensurate with a GS-7)|
This Candidate must pass a pre-employment drug screen and Criminal and Character Background Check.
Provides support for programming and services offered by the Education Program including but not limited to, all youth education activities, supports effective collaboration with the local Harney County School District #3 as assigned. Assists in implementation of Burns Paiute tribal educational initiatives in a variety of educational settings. Assists with higher education and adult vocational training supports as needed. Provides support for Western and traditional Neme educational objectives as assigned.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts and/or provides follow-up for the Education Department by assessing the needs of the students.
- Identifies appropriate program matching education goals and suggests necessary referrals for Tribal students.
- Disseminates program information regarding services, programs and activities Tribal students
- Assembles, maintains, manages and assures Education Department policy compliance with student files.
- Monitors academic progress: provides verbal and written notification of status to the student/parent on attendance, grades, tardiness and informs and assists student with different processes as necessary.
- Assists students individually and in groups and attend tutoring
- Reviews and monitors monthly budget summaries provided by Finance Department, and ensures grant requirements are met and done per compliance policies.
- Provides updates of program activities to Education Manager and others as requested.
- Collaborates with other programs and departments to define, plans and implements new programming to address Tribal needs.
- As needed, performs general office support to others in the Education Program and Culture & Heritage Dept. including such tasks as letter writing, mailings, processing meeting minutes, correspondence to education program recipients and colleges, etc.
- Acts as management support of assigned grants.
- Work some evenings and weekends as assigned.
- Travel as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- A Bachelor’s degree is required (or a combination of education and practical experience in related job positions is acceptable).
- High energy individual with the ability to prioritize, motivate youth good listening skills
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel required.
- Ability to multi-task required.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing as required.
- Ability to analyze data.
- Proficiency in the Northern Paiute language or a willingness to work towards proficiency in Northern Paiute
- Attend education and cultural meetings as assigned
- Valid Oregon Driver’s License required.
|Indian preference will be given to candidates showing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe. In the absence of Indian applications meeting the qualifications as listed above, all applicants not entitled to or who fail to claim Indian Preference, will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, political preference, age, religion, or national origin.|
Successful Candidate must:
- Submit to, and pass a drug test
- Agree to a criminal background check
- Sign confidentiality clause
HOW TO APPLY:
Return completed Burns Paiute Indian Tribe Application to:
Human Resources Director
100 Pasigo Street
Burns, OR 97720
Email: [email protected]
Application for employment available at 100 Pasigo Street, Burns, OR 97720 Monday – Friday 8-5pm or request one via email: [email protected].
Resumes are encouraged to be submitted in addition to the job application.