|Job Title:||Director of Facilities & Security|
|Reports to:||General Manager|
|Department:||Facilities & Security|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt Full Time|
|Closes:||Open until filled|
|Salary:||From $70,000; negotiable DOQ|
The Burns Paiute Tribe is a community of 210 people dedicated to the healthy development of our families. While maintaining the endurance of cultural values and the protection of our vital natural resources, community members enjoy a healthy lifestyle with many opportunities for vocational and recreational activities. Thanks to the Tribe’s early emphasis on health, wellness and education, our social and justice programs are minimal since the issues that require the need for those programs have all but been eliminated. Tribal leadership is strong, fair and a great model to be followed by future generations of Burns Paiute leaders. The Burns Paiute Reservation is located in rural eastern Oregon and is primarily comprised of the descendants of the Wadatika Band of Northern Paiutes. The traditional homelands of the Burns Paiute include 5,250 square miles of land in central-southeastern Oregon, Northern Nevada, northwestern California and western Idaho. The Burns Paiute still maintains aboriginal title to much of our aboriginal territory. We are a relatively “young” community with over 50% of our population being under the age of 18.
Responsible for organizing, administering, and leading a comprehensive program of security and maintenance for the facilities, grounds, equipment, vehicles and furnishings of the Burns Paiute Tribe (Tribe), in an efficient and economical manner, so that employees and the community are provided a clean, safe, attractive, and healthy place in which to work and do tribal business. Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day building operations including all functions / staff of the Maintenance and Security Department, This position directly impacts the quality of life of all residents by providing a structurally safe, exceptionally clean and highly maintained positive environment.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, develops, organizes, manages, and administers facility maintenance and custodial operations of the Tribe buildings and grounds including the tribal water system.
- Ensure building compliance with all building, health, and fire safety codes. Assist in preparation of annual building wide inspections conducted by appropriate agencies.
- Oversight of major building equipment (heating and ventilation systems), plumbing, building structure and plant.
- Respond to summonses / violations / complaints when necessary and design strategies / systems to reduce violations / summonses.
- Respond to tenant concerns about maintenance when necessary.
- Work with outside vendors, negotiate facilities contracts and resolve contract issues when they arise.
- Ensure data is properly entered into maintenance connection and security database; review / prepare reports (as needed) to effectively manage building operations
- Supervise 24/7 operations staff, including the Facilities Maintenance, engineers, housekeepers, & security. Supervises maintenance and custodial staff engaged in maintaining, repairing, and cleaning of the Tribe buildings and grounds.
- Develop and implement a facility security program that ensures the safety of personnel, vehicles, facilities, and equipment.
- Develops and recommends the facilities & security budget, and then administers the approved budget, completing all required documentation.
- Responsible for planning, directing, managing, coordinating, and supervising the programs for acquisition, assignment, utilization, maintenance, repair, replacement, and disposal of fleet vehicles.
- In coordination with the General Manager and Finance Director, plans, develops, organizes, manages, and administers contracts and agreements for the Tribe buildings and grounds.
- Hires and trains staff and evaluates performance. Develops and supervises work and vacation schedules for all facility and security personnel.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and Tribal laws and other applicable laws and regulations.
- Responds to service requests during and after normal office hours.
- Develops long term planning budgets for capital repair and replacement projects that ensure that the Tribe has set aside adequate funds to repair, maintain, and replace tribal property.
- Plans and identifies material and equipment needs for maintenance and building projects; procures materials; schedules work in a manner to be least disruptive to the Tribal staff and the public; inspects work to ensure compliance with building codes and safety regulations.
- Maintains an inventory control system and purchases supplies, parts, and equipment through the established bid or price quote process that follows the Tribe’s approved finance policy.
- Conducts regular inspections of all tribal facilities, grounds, and equipment to ensure that high standards for cleanliness, attractiveness and safety are maintained.
- Approves the specifications and recommends contractors to perform maintenance and repair services, using established Tribal procedures.
- Attends required meetings and serves, as appropriate, on select committees.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s Degree is Facility Maintenance, Facility Management or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years of combined experience in facility management, security, project management or related field.
- Able to obtain certification in the operation and maintenance of Small Water System.
- Considerable knowledge and experience of equipment, facilities, materials, methods and procedures used in maintenance, construction and repair activities.
- Fire Safety skills and experience.
- Considerable knowledge of OSHA regulations and of safety procedures related to maintenance activities and tools.
- General knowledge and experience with HVAC systems, plumbing, electrical, building codes and general construction.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
OTHER DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Minimum of 8 years of combined experience in facility management, security, project management or related field.
- Facility management certifications from International Facility Management Association, Building Owners and Managers Institute or other associations.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Physical ability to perform essential job functions including, but not limited to, sitting for extended periods of time, stranding, walking, stooping/bending, pushing/pulling (approximately 20 lbs.), lifting (approximately 30 lbs.), and climbing stairs.
- Advanced knowledge in any of the following areas: HVAC systems, plumbing, electrical or construction.
- Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employees can be depended on to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious, about assignments.
- Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others Including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works, to maintain constructive working relationships.
Indian preference will be given to candidates showing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe. In the absence of Indian applications meeting the qualifications as listed above, all applicants not entitled to or who fail to claim Indian Preference, will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, political preference, age, religion, or national origin.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST:
- Submit to, and pass, a drug test
- Agree to a criminal background check
- Sign confidentiality clause
- Be insurable to operate tribal vehicles (3-year clean driving record)
- Valid Oregon Driver’s License or ability to obtain driver’s license.
RETURN COMPLETED BURNS PAIUTE INDIAN TRIBE APPLICATION, COVER LETTER, AND RESUME TO:
Human Resources Manager
Burns Paiute Tribe
100 Pasigo Street – Burns, OR 97720
Email: [email protected]