|Reports To:||General Manager|
|FLSA Status:||Nonexempt, Full Time|
|The Custodian will report to the General Manager and be responsible for custodial services in Burns Paiute Tribe Facilities. This position completes a variety of tasks in the general care of tribal facilities and surrounding grounds. The Custodian ensures safe and clean facilities for staff, community members, vendors and visitor. Duties will be performed with minimal supervision. The is a full time benefit eligible position. Funding for the Custodial position is provided by the American Rescue Act.
This position work schedule will be Monday through Friday with specific hours flexible depending on the needs of the staff and facilities.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
|· Provide custodial services for all Burns Paiute Tribe facilities.
· Duties will include, but not limited to, wiping and disinfecting high touch/traffic areas, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, emptying and relining garbage and recycling receptacles, washing windows, dusting/wiping all surfaces, changing filters and waxing floors
· Safe and secure transportation of self, equipment and supplies between tribal property using assigned tribal vehicle.
· Maintain proper safety storage of all equipment, supplies and chemicals
· Ensuring all necessary supplies are stocked and ready for use
· Coordinate the ordering of any needed supplies with supervisor
· Perform duties in busy office settings without disrupting the workflow
· May assist in minor maintenance activities such as replace lightbulbs, moving furniture or snow removal
· All other duties deemed necessary and assigned by supervisor
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
|· High School Diploma or GED
· 1 year of custodial experience
· Current valid driver’s license
· Ability to read and understand the safety and storage instructions of cleaning equipment, supplies and chemicals
· Physical ability to perform essential job functions including, but not limited to, sitting and extended periods of standing, walking, stooping/bending, squatting or kneeling. Ability to push, pull and lift 50 pounds. Ability to safely climb stairs, steps or ladders.
· Time management skills that will allow you to prioritize tasks
· Ability to work independently
OTHER DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
|· Ability to work with a diverse group of people
· Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills
|Indian preference will be given to candidates showing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe. In the absence of Indian applications meeting the qualifications as listed above, all applicants not entitled to or who fail to claim Indian Preference, will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, political preference, age, religion, or national origin.|
Successful Candidate must:
- Submit to, and pass a drug test
- Agree to a criminal background check
- Sign confidentiality clause
Return completed Burns Paiute Indian Tribe Application, Cover Letter, and resume, to:
Human Resources Manager
Burns Paiute Tribe
100 Pasigo Street
Burns, OR 97720