|Reports to:||Finance Director|
|Salary:||From Negotiable DOQ|
We’re seeking an experienced Financial Accountant to work with the Burns Paiute Tribe Finance team in the role of Controller. The ideal candidate will have proven industry experience as an finance accountant, preferably in a junior role. As a strong communicator and skilled financial analyst, you will make it your mission to streamline our budgeting, payroll, and financial reporting processes. You will produce thorough financial-status reports for senior management to help improve our operational efficiency and aid in our continued growth.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide comprehensive financial updates to senior management by evaluating, analyzing, and reporting appropriate data points.
- Guide financial decisions by applying company policies and procedures to current economic landscape.
- Develop, implement, and maintain financial controls and guidelines.
- Achieve budgeting goals with proper scheduling, analysis, and corrective action.
- Maximize payroll efficiency through innovative process development.
- Help develop and support short and long-term operational strategies.
- Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements as well as the requirements of private contributions, loans, and government contracts.
- Maintain internal control safeguards for the receipt of revenue, costs and both team and organizational budgets and actual expenditures.
- In conjunction with the Finance Director, establish financial and operating benchmarks, budgets, program monitoring, and reporting standards on a bi-weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
- Implement consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures across all programs, upholding federal, state, and local legal standards by remaining knowledgeable about existing, new, and future legislation.
- Develop and enforce internal controls to maximize protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflow.
- Oversee and support accounting team with dynamic leadership that creates an environment of trust and productivity.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s of Science in accounting, business, or related field
- 3 years proven accounting experience in fund accounting.
- Experience with Fund Accounting Software systems.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- 1 year experience of grant management.
OTHER DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in accounting, business, or related field
- 5 years proven accounting experience in fund accounting.
- Experience with MiP Accounting system.
- Professional accounting certification, including CMA, CGA, or CA
- Working knowledge of finance law and regulatory standards (GAAP)
- Experience working with tribal governments or entities.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Demonstrate knowledge of grant management principles regulations i.e. (2 CFR Part 200).
- Physical Ability to perform essential job functions including, but not limited to, sitting for extended periods of time, stranding, walking, stooping/bending, pushing/pulling (approximately 20 lbs.), lifting (approximately 30 lbs.) and climbing stairs.
Indian preference will be given to candidates showing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe. In the absence of Indian applications meeting the qualifications as listed above, all applicants not entitled to or who fail to claim Indian Preference, will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, political preference, age, religion, or national origin.
Successful Candidate must:
- Submit to, and pass a drug test
- Agree to a criminal background check
- Sign confidentiality clause
- Be insurable to operate tribal vehicles (3-year clean driving record)
Return completed Burns Paiute Indian Tribe Application, Cover Letter, and resume, to:
Human Resources Director
Burns Paiute Tribe
100 Pasigo Street
Burns, OR 97720
Email: [email protected]