|Community Health Representative (CHR)
|Tribal Health Registered Nurse
|Non Exempt-Full Time
|Open till filled
Primary responsibilities: The Community Health Representative (CHR) program is a continuing health program with primary emphasis in providing quality of life care under the direction of the registered nurse, health education, and maintaining quality health standards for people of the Burns Paiute Tribe and other Native Americans residing within the Tribes service area of Harney County OR. CHR’S convey the message that the first step in improving health and well-being is to take individual responsibility in achieving this goal.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Routinely conduct home visits to the Burns Paiute tribal community to provide quality of life care and assure their social wellbeing.
- Reduce and prevent disease and accidents through education and awareness.
- Provide general care, health promotion, and disease/accident prevention to individuals and families.
- Provide medical transportation, when necessary, with emphasis on the use of alternate transportation services.
- Provide interpretation or translation services of prescribed medication or doctor’s instruction when necessary.
- Prepare and maintain program documents and reports as required.
- Maintain standards and ethics of the Burns Paiute Tribe Employee Handbook
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of the CHR data collection as required by Indian Health Service.
- Must complete continuing education related to CHR job duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be dependable, reliable, and demonstrate interest in health care.
- Maintain a neat and clean appearance and a positive attitude.
- Ability to be certified in First Aid and CPR within 6 months of hire.
- Possess basic typing and computer skills.
Indian preference will be given to candidates showing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe. In the absence of Indian applications meeting the qualifications as listed above, all applicants not entitled to or who fail to claim Indian Preference, will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, political preference, age, religion, or national origin.
Successful Candidate must:
- Must submit to and pass a drug test.
- Must submit to a criminal background check
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must provide three (3) years of driving record to determine eligibility for coverage under Tribal automobile insurance policy.
HOW TO APPLY:
Return completed Burns Paiute Tribe Application, cover letter, resume, and education transcripts to:
Burns Paiute Tribe
Burns Paiute Tribe
100 Pasigo Street
Burns, OR 97720
ONLY COMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Application for employment available at 100 Pasigo Street, Burns, OR 97720 Monday – Friday 8-5 pm, or request one via email: [email protected]