|Job Title:||Tu-wa-kii Nobi Youth Services Assistant Coordinator|
|Department:||Culture & Heritage|
|Reports To:||Youth Service Coordinator|
|FLSA Status:||Part Time/Permanent, 20-30 per week|
|Closes:||Until filled (applications received by COB 4/30/2021 will receive first consideration)|
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide transportation to and supervision of youth, with a focus of safety and accountability of all children (per applicable pandemic restrictions).
- Oversee youth and programs during operating hours and after school program.
- Assist with document collection and evaluation of daily attendance (Excel).
- Travel as required for training and other activities.
- Mentor and tutor youth working daily with pre-k thru high school aged children.
- Supporting coordination and outreach with tribal departments and community organizations.
- Clean and organize supplies, use areas, etc. (as needed or required).
- Support staff and community volunteers with language and traditional culture education curriculum, activities, and outreach.
- Assist teaching kids’ healthy physical activities in coordination with the Youth Service Coordinator.
- Provide support in the implementation of traditional culture and tribal language in program activities.
- Lead outdoor activities i.e., basketball, playing catch different types of games, exercise walking running, softball, etc., as well as traditional tribal games as scheduled.
- Cell phone use limited to work related and emergent calls while on duty.
- Must follow all applicable covid-19 guidelines with youth and others.
- Must attend staff language classes and exhibit increased proficiency in Northern Paiute language and traditional culture.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
OTHER DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
|Ability to work as a team player in planning, coordination, and implementation of language and traditional culture educational and social outreach events.|
|Indian preference will be given to candidates showing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe. In the absence of Indian applications meeting the qualifications as listed above, all applicants not entitled to or who fail to claim Indian Preference, will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, political preference, age, religion, or national origin.|
Successful Candidate must:
- Submit to, and pass a drug test
- Agree to and pass criminal background check(s) including fingerprinting
- Sign confidentiality agreement
Return completed Burns Paiute Indian Tribe Application, Cover Letter, and resume, to:
Human Resources Manager
Burns Paiute Tribe
100 Pasigo Street
Burns, OR 97720