|Job Title:||AP Clerk|
|Reports to:||Finance Director|
|FLSA Status:||Regular Fulltime, Non-Exempt|
|Closes:||Open until filled.|
|Salary:||From $20/hour; DOQ and Negotiable|
A regular full-time, 40 hours per week position that will assist the Burns Paiute Tribe Finance Department by processing accounts payable including GSA credit cards, Voyager credit cards and Amazon accounts.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receiving and recording the receipt of invoices
- Processing invoices to make sure payments are correct and on time.
- Requesting receipt of statements from invoicing contractors or businesses when they are not provided.
- Matching and filing invoices and receipts
- Reconciling business accounts to make sure amounts paid reflect goods and services received.
- Answering queries from suppliers, contractors, and other business departments about accounts payable or payments made
- Distributing invoice copies to finance staff and other relevant departments
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- Associate degree
- 1 year experience working within an accounting environment.
- Good organization skills, including the ability to multi-task and priorities, to manage multiple accounts.
- Computer literacy, including confidence using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and accounting and accounts payable software.
- Strong verbal communication skills, including active listening and telephone manner.
- Mathematics for reconciling invoices and identifying areas of concern.
- Data entry for accurately processing invoices and payment runs.
OTHER DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 2 years of experience working in an accounting environment
- Basic bookkeeping and accounting knowledge
- Knowledge of and/or previous experience with accounting software
- Preferably Springbrook and/or MiP Fund Account
Indian preference will be given to candidates showing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe. In the absence of Indian applications meeting the qualifications as listed above, all applicants not entitled to or who fail to claim Indian Preference, will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, political preference, age, religion, or national origin.
Successful Candidate must:
- Submit to, and pass a drug test
- Agree to a criminal background check
- Sign confidentiality clause
Return completed Burns Paiute Indian Tribe Application, Cover Letter, transcripts, and resume, to:
Human Resources Manager
Burns Paiute Tribe
100 Pasigo Street
Burns, OR 97720
Email: [email protected]