|Number of Positions:||1|
|Location:||Burns, Oregon - Burns Paiute Reservation|
|Open:||July 25, 2019|
|Closes:||Open until filled|
|Starting Date:||To be determined|
Position Summary: The Prevention Director will oversee and supervise the Mental Health, Alcohol/Drug, TPEP, Suicide, Juvenile Crime Prevention and ADPEP staff and services. Ensure program compliance with state, BIA and other federal funding source requirements.
Provide supervision of all Mental Health, Alcohol/Drug, TPEP, Suicide, Juvenile Crime Prevention and ADPEP cases through a multi-disciplinary team approach for case management.
Assist in the implementation of prevention activities for youth and their families.
Duties and Responsibilities: Essential functions may vary among positions and may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics.
1. Supervision and Mentoring - Supervise program staff and conducts annual performance evaluations of their job performance.
a. Manages day-to-day activities of assigned staff
b. Manages staff workflow
c. Provides leadership and training. Assigns, coordinates, schedules and reviews work of staff.
d. Monitors staff effectiveness, recognizes achievements and corrects performance deficiencies.
2. Leadership - Provides senior leadership to staff including the future direction of the programs, how that guidance will impact the community and how current and future programs can be best utilized for the benefit of the community.
3. Operations - Plans, organizes and oversees the daily operations of the assigned programs.
a. Ensures administrative support functions are in place and that programs are operating according to established standards, budgets, tribal policies and procedures and funding source requirements.
4. Budgeting/Grants and Contracts - Prepares and maintains operating budgets for assigned programs.
a. Ensures expenditures are in compliance with funding source requirements
b. Monitors utilization of grants and contracts
c. Prepares and reviews grant and contract proposals and application for approval by Tribal Council
5. Outreach - Develop and present various prevention activities in conjunction with on-going tribal and county prevention efforts. Provide client and community outreach activities.
6. Flexibility- Perform other duties as assigned or as are consistent with providing professional services.
a. Minimum of Bachelor's Degree
b. Must have or be able to obtain an Oregon driver's license within 30 days of hire
c. Due to the confidential and sensitive nature of this position, successful completion of an extensive background investigation is required
d. May be subject to working evenings, weekends and travel (In and out of state)
Please submit application along with a cover letter, certifications and resume:
Attn: Danielle Taylor
Burns Paiute Tribe, Human Resource Department
100 Pasigo St.
Burns, OR 97720
Indian preference will be given to candidates showing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe. In the absence of Indian applicants meeting the qualifications as listed above, all applicants not entitled to or who fail to claim Indian Preference, will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, political preference, age, religion, or national origin.