|Number of Positions:||1|
|Location:||Burns, OR -- Burns Paiute Reservation|
|Open:||May 22, 2019|
|Closes:||Open until filled|
|Starting Date:||To be determined|
|Supervisor:||Health Services Director|
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Health Services Director, the Community Health Nurse is an integral part of the Burns Paiute Tribe health program with primary emphasis in providing direct health care, prevention education, and maintaining quality health standards for the tribal community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assess patient care using reasoning and decision making skills. Communicate clearly with patients and other health care professionals using spoken and/or written words
2. Provide nursing care through home visits or at the health center on a daily basis
3. Promote health education/prevention by presenting to individuals or groups
4. Coordinates patient care with other health professionals
5. Analyze, interpret, and initiate patient medical data on the patient care component encounter form
6. Provide follow up on patient treatment, recovery, and doctors orders
7. Coordinate activities relating to the weekly tribal health clinic
8. Assists the medical provider during clinic times
9. Maintains the tribal immunization program
10. Operates the Resource Patient Management System (RPMS) to enter patient data
11. Prepares program reports and program documentation as needed or requested
12. Ability and the knowledge of the importance of maintaining strict confidentiality of all records and information pertinent to the nature of the work.
13. Must maintain strict confidentiality of medical information and adhere to HIP AA and Privacy Act requirements.
14. Knowledge of community and public service providers
15. Works irregular hours when needed
16. Able to lift and bend when caring for patients in the office or on a home visit.
17. Perform other duties as assigned
• Must be a registered nurse with the State of Oregon and have an active, unrestricted license at the time of hire.
• Prefer a minimum of Bachelor of Science Nursing (BSN) degree
• Minimum of one year of hospital experience or equivalent
• One year of generalized community health nurse experience or equivalent
• Must posses a valid Oregon Driver's License
• Have basic computer skills
• Knowledge of principles, concepts, theories, and techniques of public/community health nursing and teaching and learning
• Ability to identify, assess, analyze, and evaluate medical data and information utilizing standard nursing principles
• Ability to independently plan, coordinate, and manage work
• Experience and ability to work well with diverse groups of people from varying age groups and socioeconomic backgrounds, sometimes in stressful situations, in a manner that displays professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and good judgment.
Successful Candidate must:
♦ Submit to and pass a urinalysis drug test.
♦ Agree to a criminal background check.
♦ Sign Confidentiality Clause.
Please submit application along with resumes and verification of Licensure to:
Attn: Danielle Taylor
Bums Paiute Tribe, Human Resource Department
100 Pasigo St.
Bums, OR 97720