Job Title: Maintenance Assistant (1)
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
FLSA Status: Full-time (40 hours a week)
Opens: June 24, 2020
Closes Open until filled
This Candidate must pass a pre-employment drug screen and Criminal and Character Background Check.
Maintenance assistant must be able to work independently and be responsible for ensuring that facilities are clean and in good operating condition. Maintenance Assistance will perform general maintenance and repair of the buildings, grounds and equipment.
- Repairs and maintains physical structures of tribal facilities, office buildings using hand tools and power tools.
- Supervise Maintenance workers
- Safety Committee Member Attendee
- Keeping work/logs for Fleet vehicles
- Replaces defective electrical switches, light bulbs and other fixtures inside and out. Assemble office furniture. Hang wall items.
- Installation and Maintenance of Heating and Air Conditioning.
- Unload surplus food trucks (1 x month)
- Occasional backhoe work
- Paint structures, and repairs woodwork with carpentry tools.
- Manholes; flush yearly
- Frozen water systems, supplies and parts
- Pump house repairs
- Annual compliance trainings (Federal Law updates)
- Repairs and/or replaces plumbing fixtures.
- Removes roots, debris and other refuse from clogged sewer lines and drains, using hand or portable electric roto rooter.
- Supervision of mowing lawns, weed eating, trimming hedges, raking and burning leaves and refuse. Watering yards.
- Maintain lawn equipment; Riding mowers, Weed eaters, Power and hand tools, miscellaneous supplies, fuel mixtures
- Refuse and Demolition; Dumpsters, manage Kessler burn pile, Spring clean up and appropriate refuse disposal (batteries, Appliances, tires, scrap metal furniture)
- Removal/Relocatjon of Education/EPA facility
- Safety maintenance; Door and window locking mechanisms; Keys tracking and distribution.
- Safety Equipment, maintain ensure proper use of, train and record, fire extinguishers, fire alarms
- Maintain security system
- Snow Removal from parking lots and sidewalks and paths; ice melt treatments.
- Clear snow from Elder's driveways.
- Other maintenance jobs or duties as assigned by management.
Other Duties as Assigned
The duties listed above should not be construed to imply an exclusive standard of the position. Employee will be responsible to respond to other instructions and duties as specified by the supervisor, which may or may not be directly related to the position.
- Must have a valid Oregon Drivers License
- Oral/VerbaI Communication skills
- Computer skills
Indian preference will be given to candidates showing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe. In the absence of Indian applicants meeting the qualifications as listed above, all applicants not entitled to or who fail to claim Indian Preference, will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, political preference, age, religion, or national origin.
HOW TO APPLY:
Return completed Burns Paiute Indian Tribe Application and cover letter to:
Human Resources Director
100 Pasigo Street
Burns, OR 97720