|Position:||Manager of Human Resources Department|
|Work Schedule:||Five days per week/typically 8 AM to 5 PM but may vary|
|Compensation:||$60k - $75K (DOE)/Exempt Employee|
|Excellent Benefit Package:||Dental, Retirement and full Medical|
|Directly Reports to:||General Manager|
The BURNS PAIUTE TRIBE ("BPT") is seeking a self-starting Human Resources Manager with a broad knowledge and application of human resource practices, recruitment practices, employment law, compensation and benefits, organizational development, employee relations, employee safety, employee engagement, employee development, and compliance of applicable Tribal, Agency, State, Federal laws, Accreditation Agency standards, and above average oral and written communication skills.
The Manager of the Human Resources Department serves as a key strategic advisor for the General Manager in implementing desired organization growth and development within a tribal organization comprised of 80-100 diverse employee categories, experience and education levels. The Human Resource Manager guides and manages the overall provision of Human Resource services, policies, training and programs.
The Human Resources Department is dedicated to providing a workplace environment that fosters equality, fairness, stability, training, safety and professional growth to promote the economic and social wellbeing of the individual and community and to protecting the privacy of its employees.
The Human Resources Department is responsible for administering all human resource functions and programs for the employees of the BPT. You are responsible for recruitment, classification, benefits administration, wage compensation, grievances and appeals, training, worker's comp, 401(k) program, EAP and record maintenance and retention. Background investigations and the random drug testing program are also conducted by HR staff. Policies and procedures are developed and/or revised through the Personnel Committee, which is a 10 member committee appointed by the General Manager with input from Tribal Council and Directors. The committee will consist of six tribal employees, two tribal members, HR Manager, and the General Manager. You advise and assist employees and management in a variety of personnel matters including: the interpretation and application of personnel policies and procedures, position planning, recruitment, interview and selection methods, as well as employee evaluations. You provide assistance to all applicants and tribal members who apply for jobs within the Tribe by working one-on-one with individuals; you explain the recruitment and selection process as well as the qualifications for the position for which they are applying.
Under the general policy level oversight of the Tribal C01.mcil and direct supervision by the General Manager, performs a wide range of difficult-to-complex human resource (HR) administrative functions including oversight and direction of the HR Division. The position requires diverse, advanced knowledge and extensive experience related to HR management,and Accreditation standards. Maintain a routine verification tracking system of professional licensure, debarment, license renewal, CEU's, background checks, etc.
- Ensure timely processing of Personnel Action Notices with Payroll and coordination of new employee set up requirements within agency job location, computer, telephone, facility access, etc.).
- Mentor, train and consult with all levels of supervisors on HR current and updated State & Federal HR policies and serve as liaison for employee-employer relationships.
- Annually conduct study on compensation and benefit programs including conducting comparison studies and meeting with vendors on benefit packages enabling the company to maintain competitive within the industry.
- Ensure timely processing of workers compensation and benefits, FMLA, unemployment, L&I requests.
- Ensure employee supervisors are trained on employee relations to include; employee harassment, setting and maintaining proper workplace boundaries, safety and non discrimination practices.
- Track employee performance reviews to include training the direct supervisors on conducting effective performance reviews, and establishing measureable goals and objectives. Tracking performance evaluations ensuring they are completed, at a minimum on an annual basis.
- Acts as the HR electronic database systems administrator ensuring employee data is accurately entered, updated and reported. Conduct HR database system audits (electronic / hardcopy) on a routine & annual basis to ensure fidelity in compliance with Agency, State, Federal & Accreditation standards.
- Investigate employee concerns and complaints to ensure all employee concerns are promptly addressed and if required obtain consultation from external specialist in Employee Relations and/or Employment Law. Report findings and recommendations to the General Manager and Department Director.
- Create and maintain current the Human Resources Manual ensuring Department Directors, Managers and Supervisors are trained and kept current on its content and procedures.
- Conducts an annual review of the Human Resource Manual reporting on any changes in policy and procedures to the General Manager.
- Actively participate as a valued member of the BPT Executive Team reporting on human resource progress in achieving department goals & objectives and continuously striving to meet or exceed annual HR business organizational development and improvement strategies.
- Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Responsible to ensure that we are compliant with all federal, state, tribal laws, regulations, as applicable.
- Responsible for maintaining current knowledge of applicable laws, legislation and regulations.
- Responsible to exercise independent judgment.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Position light with frequent lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds. Physical factors include constant sitting and typing; frequent use of hearing, and occasional standing, walking, use of near/midrange and far vision, depth perception, color and field of vision, travel and bending. Working conditions include exposure to extreme heat/cold, noise, vibration and air quality. Potential hazards include constant computer use and frequent tribal team member and tribal member contact.
Required: Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, Public Administration, Labor or Industrial Relations, and at least 7 years of executive HR management experience. Possess, at a minimum, five years or greater direct work experience as a Human Resource Manager in an agency of up to 100 employees or greater. Experience utilizing and managing integrated human resources electronic software and systems i.e., HRIS/Payroll/ATS/Relias or related. Must possess strong technical abilities in budget development, contract development, development of training programs, organizational development analysis, and compensation trend and cost benefit analysis.
Must possess strong technical abilities in budget development, contract development, development of training programs, organizational development analysis, and compensation trend and cost benefit analysis.
Preferred qualifications include: a Master's Degree in Human Resources and at least 5 years of executive management experience.
Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) and/or Tribal Human Resource Professional certification desired. Upon hire, must work toward and obtain both certifications with 2 years. Must undergo a Criminal background investigation. Will be required to complete and pass pre employment drug testing.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Extensive supervisory experience and excellent HR management knowledge, skills and abilities required. Working knowledge of governmental administration, gaming, tourism and hospitality industries front-line and management roles and responsibilities, routine and seasonal operations required. Knowledge of applicable laws, regulations and business management principles and procedures required. Working knowledge of supervisory responsibilities, policies and procedures and ability to effectively implement human resource processes through development and management teams required. Must have excellent communications, negotiations, dispute resolution, organization, strategic planning, marketing, project management and administration skills and abilities. Advanced knowledge of organization structuring, compensation plans, employment practices, background checks, training programs, Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), employee relations, grievance and appeal practices, available EAP programs, governmental personnel policies and procedures required. Effective communication and information distribution techniques, laws and regulations related to HR administration required. Must be capable of exercising independent judgement, discretion, confidentiality and initiative. Knowledge of standard report formats and office systems, project management, and technology for making effective presentations, internet and email preferred. Must be or become knowledgeable or culturally sensitive to Native American populations and issues. Possess strong experience and ability in problem solving, excellent written and oral communications, advance research skills, and presents professional attitude and supportive persona. Possess strong productivity skillsets, advanced solution focused knowledge and skills, thrive in fast pace work environments, comfortable in partnering in cohort projects and working in a team working environment. Comfortable with formal presentations, performing tasks at all levels, meeting deadlines, and ability to successfully lead and coach HR staff in completing time sensitive projects.
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE APPLICANT TO PROVIDE SUFFICIENT EVIDENCE TO SHOW THEY FULLY MEET THE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS.
Candidates for this position are subject to criminal background check.
Must submit to a pre-employment drug and alcohol testing and/or the failure to successfully pass a drug and alcohol test may result in refusal to hire.
INDIAN PREFERENCE APPLIES
To receive Indian Preference consideration, proof of tribal enrollment is required. An enrolled member of a federally recognized Tribe must provide a copy of his/her Tribal Enrollment Card or papers. Direct descendants must provide a Certification of Indian Blood (CIB). Please make sure these are part of your personnel record. Any applicant requiring assistance in any step of the employment process, such as applications, testing, and/or interviewing should inform the Human Resource Office.
Please provide a (1) current resume; (2) cover letter detailing how your education, experience and skills meet the requirements in the Job Description; (3) complete BURNS PAIUTE TRIBE Application.
To Apply Please Submit Application by October 22, 2018
Human Resource Department
Attn: Twila Teeman
100 Pasigo Street
Burns, OR 97720
Phone : 541-573-8049