|LOCATION:||Burns Paiute Reservation|
|ACCOUNTABLE TO:||Finance Director|
|SALARY RANGE:||$14.34 to 16.10 or DOE|
|CLASSIFICATION:||Non-Exempt, Full time, Benefits Available|
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process bi-weekly payroll,
- Compile and enter employee payroll data such as, but not limited to hours worked, rates, and deductions.
- Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Ensure correct approvals on all payroll document presented for processing.
- Compute and review wages and deductions to ensure complete accuracy.
- Complete federal/state required reporting.
- Enter in necessary data to maintain computer payroll files.
- Assist in annual W-2’s preparation and distributions.
- Audit all employee time cards on a regular basis
- Fast learner with strong fundamental skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and work in a time sensitive, fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Problem-solving skills
- Complete a variety of clerical tasks, including but not limited to, filing payroll sheets, weekly time sheets, and answering the phones as needed to support the overall department.
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Enter and post daily cash receipts according to established procedures.
- Monitor accounts receivable balances for current and timely invoices and receipts.
- Maintain accounts receivable records and files.
- Make bank deposits.
- Provide accurate coding for entry into the financial data processing system.
- Review computer generated reports; research and reconcile report balance variances.
- Prepare analysis of accounts and assist in monthly reporting.
- Participate as an active member of the Accounting Team.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times while displaying a professional disposition.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with staff.
- Participate in scheduled internal/external meetings/trainings as requested.
- Bring policy/personnel issues to the Program Director as they arise.
- Basic mathematical skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals, rates, ratios, percentages, and graphs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of computer programs including: Microsoft Excel & Word, Springbrook and ADP.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures (double entry accounting and governmental accounting) coupled with strong accounts receivable skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently while maintaining efficiency and
- accuracy and to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions
- Associate’s degree and two years of payable/receivable professional experience.
- In lieu of degree Five years of payroll and accounts payable/receivable experience
- One or more years of Customer Service experience.
- Must submit to and pass a drug test.
- Must submit to a criminal background check.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must provide three (3) years of driving records.
- Must be bondable
Indian Preference will be given to candidate showing proof of enrollment in a Federally Recognized Tribe. In the absence of qualified Indian applicant, all qualified applicants not entitled to or who fail to claim Indian Preference will receive consideration without regards to Race, Color, Creed, Sex, Politics, Age, Religion or National Origin.
How to Apply:
Application and resume’ with three (3) business references to:
Burns Paiute Tribe
Human Resource Director
100 Pasigo St.
Burns, OR 97720
Phone: (541) 573-8013
Fax: (541) 573-5565
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE APPLICANT TO PROVIDE SUFFICIENT INFORMATION TO PROVE QUALIFICATIONS FOR TRIBAL POSITIONS.
PLEASE NOTE: If requirements are not met, i.e., submission of a resume in lieu of a tribal application, or not including a required certification, your application will not be reviewed and will be disqualified.