|LOCATION:||Burns Paiute Reservation|
|ACCOUNTABLE TO:||General Manager|
|SALARY RANGE:||$60,000.00 - $75,000, DOE|
|CLASSIFICATION:||Exempt, Full time, Benefits Available|
|CLOSING:||Open Until Filled|
Under the general direction of the General Manager, the Financial Director oversees all operations in connection with financial matters, including accounts receivable and payable, payroll, and auditing. Training and supervises the financial department on systems of accounting for both federal and state-funded programs.
Writing policies, and procedures for transacting financial matter which ensures that the financial system is accurate, efficient, and in accordance with professional accounting practices this will also include governmental regulations.
Having knowledge of both Federal and State grants as well as contracts and direct oversight of them. This position requires knowledge of GASB accounting principles; a thorough understanding of deferred revenues and the ability to communicate professionally respectful, along with the tools needed to get along with many different types of personalities.
This position requires sharing necessary information with program managers and Tribal Council. The is a fast-paced position requiring a self-motivated person who can multi-task.
The Financial Director develops, implements, and maintains the Financial Department including the goals, project, policies, procedures, and methods. As well as directing the general accounting activities including maintenance of general ledgers, preparing and presenting financial reports to the Tribal Council and to the Program Directors.
Reviewing the payroll records, insurance contracts, cash management of the Tribe’s accounts, fixed asset control.
Prepares monthly and timely financial reports to State and Federal funding agencies; reviews and maintain internal audit control system. Prepares and revises the fiscal operating procedure manual; provide budget assistance and information;
Prepares presents and negotiates the annual indirect cost proposal agreement with the necessary federal agencies; supervises daily accounting operations; supervises and evaluates accounting staff. Provides in-depth data, reports and other information to assist in the preparation of the annual audit; forecast revenues, expenditures, and year-end balances.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, and EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) in accounting/business, REQUIRED.
- Minimum of four (4) years accounting experience in a Finance Director or Lead Financial Manager role, of which three (3) years must have been in a fund/government accounting and financial management position, REQUIRED.
- Must have a working knowledge of accounting software. (Preferred ADP and Springbrook.)
- Demonstrated experience administering and development of an Indirect Cost Proposals.
- Possess knowledge and understanding of P. L. 93-638 contracts, including State and other Federal grants. Knowledge of Fund accounting would be an asset.
- Possess a working knowledge of the requirements of an SF- 425 financial reporting form for the status of financial data tied to Federal grant awards.
- Must have a working knowledge of Single Audit Act.
- Must submit to and pass a drug test.
- Must permit a criminal background check.
- Must possess a valid drivers license.
- Must provide three (3) years of driving records.
Indian Preference will be given to candidate showing proof of enrollment in a Federally Recognized Tribe. In the absence of qualified Indian applicant, all qualified applicants not entitled to or who fail to claim Indian Preference, will receive consideration without regards to Race, Color, Creed, Sex, Politics, Age, Religion or National Origin.
How to Apply:
Email, Fax, or Mail application and resume` three (3) business references, along with any required documents to:
Burns Paiute Tribe
Human Resource Director
100 Pasigo St.
Burns, OR 97720
Phone: (541) 573-8013
Fax: (541) 573-5565
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE APPLICANT TO PROVIDE SUFFICIENT INFORMATION TO PROVE QUALIFICATIONS FOR TRIBAL POSITIONS.
PLEASE NOTE: If requirements are not met, i.e., submission of a resume in lieu of a tribal application, or not including a required certification, your application will not be reviewed and will be disqualified.