Community Serve & Protect
TRIBAL COURT OF
BURNS PAIUTE TRIBE
TRIBAL COURT MISSION STATEMENT/OBJECTIVES
- Maintain a Tribal Court system by utilizing Tribal Laws and Ordinances adopted by the Burns Paiute Tribal Council.
- Provide efficient resolution of violations of tribal laws and disputes.
- Employ qualified persons designated as Tribal Judges, to convene Tribal Court to hear and adjudicate complaints filed relating to Tribal Codes.
- Employ a part-time Court Admin./Clerk who assists the Tribal Judges in the maintenance and operation of Tribal Court.
- Have available a Tribal Prosecutor to advise Tribal Court and to represent the Tribe either as plaintiff or defendant.
- Interpret Tribal Laws within a court system that focuses on rehabilitation in addition to punishment of offenders.
- Adjudicate violations of Tribal Laws and disputes in an atmosphere free from influences through consistent decisions based upon the merits and facts of each case brought before the Tribal Court.
- Make available to plaintiffs and defendants, a Court of Appeals as stated within the Tribal Code.
Tribal Court consists of 4 employees: Mark Kemp, Chief Judge
Patricia Gibson, Associate Judge
Ken Bardizian, Tribal Prosecutor
Linda Beaver, Court Administrator/Clerk
Office Hours: M-F 8:00 am-5:00 pm
Phone: 541.573-8072 Fax: 541.573.3854